Citronella is most frequently used as an insect repellant, more specifically a mosquito repellant. It’s also believed that Citronella can help with the treatment of head lice. It combines nicely with Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender and Thyme.
Little Known Facts: Citronella can also be used to deodorize odors that exist in the air and to reduce excessive perspiration on human skin. Citronella is in the same plant family as Lemongrass. I can be found in bug repellant products such as lotions, sprays and candles.
Bug Repellant (Spray and Oil)
- Add 8 drops of Citronella
- 8 drops Eucalyptus
- 3 drops of Thyme
- 10 drops of Peppermint
- 8 drops of Lavender
- 2 drops of Oregano
- 3 drops of Cedarwood
- 5 drops of Tea Tree
- 4 drops of Basil
- Add this to 1.5 oz of distilled water and 1/2 ounce of Organic Witch Hazel for a spray mister or to 2oz filled halfway with Jojoba and the other Half with Fractionated Coconut oil.
- Apply to skin as often as necessary, avoiding your eyes and clothing.
- Use half of the amount of oils listed for children and those with sensitive skin.
Bug Bite Relief
- Add 4 drops of Citronella
- 4 drops of Fresh Home Scent
- Add this to a rollerball filled with Mila Eve Essentials Grapeseed Oil
- Apply immediately to annoying/itchy bug bites immediately for relief
- Add 6 drops of Fresh Home Scent
- 8 drops of Citronella
- Add this to your Mila Eve Essentials diffuser to repel pesky gnats and mosquitos
100% Pure Therapeutic Essential Oil.
Ingredients: Cymbopogon nardus
Grows Natively in: Indonesia
Bottle Size: 10ml
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. Use caution and always consult a health professional if you have a medical condition, taking medications, pregnant or nursing. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
This guide is not intended as medical advice. For any medical conditions, you should always consult your physician. The statements made are for educational purposes and have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are health and beauty aids and are not meant to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease, condition or symptom.